Search My Hamper

Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy to be Filipino in the Philippines

After reading Michael Tan's column at the Philippine Daily Inquirer today regarding Filipino TNT's (taga ng tago) and illegal aliens of the world, I got to thinking how happy I am being here in the Philippines. Being here without a speck of a wish or a dream or a need or an ambition to live and work elsewhere in the world.

This country has nurtured and nourished me all my life, all my family included. It has cradled me in its arms, put me to rest on its shoulders, given me sunshine and the rain, bathed me in its rivers, lakes and beaches. It has given me shades under its trees, fed me its fruits, made me drink its juices. It has educated me and made me whole, strengthened me, and allowed me to dream.

This country, one of the poorest in the world, has given me much in terms of opportunities. It has extended its arms to give me what's best in the world, what's needed in the world: books and technology. I have iPad2 and Steve Jobs' biography by Walter Isaacson. I have a Macbook and a Samsung desktop, a Blackberry and a Cherry Mobile. (Do cellphones really have to come in fruits these days?) It is ALL here. Like SM, we've got it all for you!

Philippines is paradise. That is one secret I hope more Filipinos will discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment